As a 30-year resident and active member of our community, I wanted to introduce myself as your candidate for City of Doral Council Seat #3. Most of our community knows me as coach Al, you beloved and favorite Doral Broncos youth football coach. I am a former student-athlete at Florida Atlantic University, local
business owner, and successful Financial Advisor for 13 years.
My experience has helped me model ideal qualities needed to be an integral part of our city’s council. As councilman I will do my part to ensure that Doral continues to be the best option for our families to call home. I look forward to earning the privilege of representing our city this November. I thank you in advance for your support!
The decision to pursue candidacy for Doral City council was one that was fully supported by Albert’s wife Diana, and more surprisingly his two sons D’Angelo and Giovanni. The everyday involvement in his children’s lives help Albert in keeping in touch with relevant and pertinent issues that will continue to affect our City’s future.
D’Angelo is a current sophomore at Christopher Columbus High School after and Giovanni is a seventh grader at Eugenia B. Thomas K-8 Center. The Chavez family also live with their amazing 9-year-old American Bulldog Luna.
"Running for my family and yours"
Role of a City Council
Council members—also known as a town council or board of aldermen—are tasked with representing the interests of their constituents. In addition to proposing, passing, and ratifying laws and ordinances, city councils manage budgets and investigate city agencies when necessary.
Importance of being involved
Councils are empowered by law to make decisions on many matters of importance to their local communities. These decisions affects you and your family DIRECTLY. Get involved in your community to create the ideal home for your children.
Register to Vote
- Election day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The deadline to register online to vote is Monday, October 5, 2020.
- The deadline for registering by mail to vote is (postmarked by) Monday, October 5, 2020.
- The deadline to register in person to vote is Monday, October 5, 2020.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Saturday, October 24, 2020.
- The early voting period runs from Saturday, October 24, 2020 to Saturday, October 31, 2020, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live.